Saturday 20 December 2008

Nerf N-Strike Recon CS-6 Dart Blaster

Nerf N-Strike Recon CS-6 Dart BlasterCustomer Review: Not a single jam yet.

I guess a lot of people have a problem with the darts jamming in this gun. I have yet to see it with mine, possibly because I am a 50 years old kid and can load the darts properly in the clip (easy to do). I've probably fired it at least 500 times so I am fairly confident that jamming is not a design flaw, but probably a loading problem on the part of the user.



There are many web pages that show how to take this toy apart and modify it for extra distance and also just for adding cool features. It is educational to see the guts and understand the underlying "engineering" that goes into such a toy. I was left scratching my head over how they can design, manufacture and ship these toys for the price. Furthermore it is particularly satisfying after the mods to see the darts fly a lot faster and hit harder (which I don't recommend for young kids).



The only caveats I have with this thing are that it is relatively flimsy at certain key points, the darts are not very accurate over 20 feet and the extras that go on the option rails are useless. I totally expect the shoulder stock to break under stress as it is thin plastic. While the darts will now fly over 30 feet with extra zip, outside of 20 feet, they seem to have a mind of their own. Finally, the red light targeting system is basically useless and just another thing to break. I guess I should add that my wife and cats (only when they are bad) seem to hate this toy.



Overall, for 20 bucks this is good fun for kids of all ages.

Customer Review: Recon Review

This is a GREAT Nerf gun. I do have to admit, it does indeed jam, but not as often as most people say it does. I have two of these in my arsenal now. (I also have the Longshot and Maverick). The shoulder stock part for this is not as "wobbly" or flimsy as people may say it is.



This gun in particular is a lot of fun to play with. I find the pros to this gun is that it has the different parts. The shooter has the option of using just the pistol by itself, just putting on the front barrel attachment to make a "star wars-like" blaster without the stock, or with the stock but without the front barrel.



The cons are: Reloading is a hassle (Make sure to buy refill clips and darts). Light is particularly wobbly when placed on the "tactical rails" (to take care of this, I placed a small piece of velcro on back part of the light and the pistol itself [where they touch]. This will give it some added stability).



I had a nerf war/capture the flag with my friends (2 on 2). All four of us had Recons. The game would have been a lot more fun if we had more people, but we still had a lot of fun. The flip sight can be useless if you're running around trying to shoot people. So unless you're going to take the time to aim, you don't have to use the flip sight. (although, it does indeed make the gun look cooler)



My biggest recommendation would be to get refill magazines/clips and extra STREAMLINE darts (CLIPS FOR THE LONGSHOT WORK FOR THIS GUN).



I would recommend this toy for kids 8 and up. (Gun can be big for some kids and reloading can be difficult.)
See details

0 comments: